Storing Trex® decking
Storage best practice
- All Trex products must be stored in a dry place. If it is stored outside, the product mush be covered and protected from the elements. This is to ensure the product is delivered to the end-user in a pristine condition.
- Store decking on a flat level surface and ALWAYS use proper supports (dunnage).
- DO NOT store directly on the ground.
- When stacking decking bundles, supports (dunnage) should start approximately 203 mm from each end and be spaced approximately 0,61 m on center.
- Supports (dunnage) should line up vertically/perpendicular to the decking product.
- Adjust support blocks (dunnage) accordingly if bundles are loose.
- Maximum stack height is 14 bundles. (IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT PROPER DUNNAGE SPACING MUST BE IN PLACE FOR THESE HEIGHTS.)
- When stacking multiple bundles, ensure that dunnage lines up vertically down through each stack. ALWAYS cover decking products on site until ready to be installed.