Frequently asked questions
- There is a drain in our garden that we occasionally need to access – does this mean that we cannot have a deck?
- Is timber decking harmful to the environment?
- Can decking be used on a roof, eg. on top of a garage?
- Are there any regulations governing decking?
- Doesn’t decking become slippery in wet weather conditions?
- Will my deck require any maintenance?
- Why do I need to leave a space between deck boards?
- How should deck boards be fastened?
- Do I need a specialist installer to build my deck?
- I’m not sure where best to site a deck in my garden – can someone advise me on various designs and costs?
- Can decking be used next to my fishpond?
- Can decking be used on a sloping site?