Updated 25th May 2018
Our website incorporates privacy controls which affect how we process your personal data. By using the privacy controls you can specify whether you would like to receive direct marketing communications.
The website is hosted in the UK and all data is held in the UK. We will not transfer your data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA).
This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published at the top of this page.
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact Group Financial Director on the contact details within the site or write to: Arbor Forest Products Ltd, Lincoln Castle Way, New Holland DN19 7RX.
AFP gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions to operate correctly on this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
What Data we gather
We may collect the following information using either our analytics tracking system or data that you specifically provide to us:
- Name & Job title
- Contact information including email address
- IP Address and browser type
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to client enquiries
- Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys
How we use this Data
Collecting this data helps us to understand what you are looking for from AFP, enabling us to deliver improved products and services. Specifically, we may use this data:
- For our own internal records
- To fulfil a contractual transaction, including purchases and services, that you enter in to with us through our website.
- To improve the products and services we provide
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- To customise the website for you
- To send you promotional e-mails about products, services, offers and other things we think may be relevant to you
- To send you promotional mailings or to call you about products, services, offers and other things we think may be relevant to you
- To contact you via e-mail, telephone or mail for market research reasons
The legal basis for processing this data is consent or in relation to your use of the commercial platform on this website, in order to fulfil our contractual obligation to you.
In addition to the specific purposes for which we may process your data set out in this section, we may also process your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another person.
Providing your personal data to others
We may disclose your personal data to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes, and on the legal bases, set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal data to our insurers and/or professional advisers insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes of obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, obtaining professional advice, or the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
We may disclose your personal data to our suppliers insofar as reasonably necessary for specific purposes such as providing a warranty of Trex products.
Financial transactions relating to our website and services are handled by our payment services providers. We will share transaction data with our payment services providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds. You can find information about the payment services providers’ privacy policies and practices at www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
We will only disclose your data to selected third party suppliers of goods and services identified on our website for the purpose of enabling them to contact you so that they we can fulfil our contractual obligation in supplying such products or services you have purchased.
In addition to the specific disclosures of personal data set out in this Section 4, we may disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person. We may also disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information such as how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package – aggregated usage data helps us to improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website – A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
- Test content on our website – For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences – The website can then present you with the information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website – we may show you relevant content or provide functionality you have previously used
To learn more about cookies and how they are used, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
Controlling information about you
When you fill in a form or provide details on our website you will see a tick box allowing you to:
- Opt in to receive marketing communications from us by e-mail, telephone, text message or post.
It is our company policy not to share your data with third party suppliers or partners (without your express permission) and you will not receive marketing communications from such third-party suppliers or partners as a result.
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily via one of these methods:
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to us at Arbor Forest Products Ltd, Lincoln Castle Way, New Holland. DN19 7RX
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission to do so or the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy in line with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018.
Retaining and deleting personal data
Personal data that we process for any purpose will not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose. It is not always possible to specify in advance the periods for which your data will be retained. In such cases we will determine the period of retention based on the necessity to hold the data to fulfil legal or contractual obligations.
Your principal rights under data protection law are:
- the right to access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to object to processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority; and
- the right to withdraw consent
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity. To make such a request, known as a Subject Access Request, please e-mail email@example.com and title your e-mail ‘Subject Access Request’.
If you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement.
To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal information is consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal.
You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by written notice to us at the address: Arbor Forest Products Ltd, Lincoln Castle Way, New Holland DN19 7RX
We always hold your information securely and we hold a current SSL Certificate.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure that we work with all personal data in line with the General Data Protection Regulations 2018.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the arborforestproducts.co.uk & arbordeck.co.uk domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites and read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.
This website is owned and operated by Arbor Forest Products Ltd, Lincoln Castle Way, New Holland. DN19 7RX. We are registered in England & Wales under registration number 501259 and our registered office is Lincoln Castle Way, New Holland, Barrow-Upon-Humber, North Lincolnshire, England, DN19 7RX.
You can contact us by:
- post at Arbor Forest Products Ltd, Lincoln Castle Way, New Holland, DN19 7RX
- using our website contact form
- by telephone on 01469 532300
- e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Protection Officer
Our Data protection officer’s contact details are Group Financial Director who can be contacted by the methods listed above.